“The finest clothing made is a person’s skin, but, of course, society demands something more than this.”
One of the biggest questions that I am asked of my clients is, “What do I wear?”. There are so many choices out there, and above all I want my clients to feel beautiful and comfortable. That being said, what you wear can have a huge impact on the look of your portraits. I’m not saying that you should go out and necessarily buy a new outfit, but these ideas and websites should let you look at your closet in a whole new way! Some of my biggest suggestions are :
1. Don’t be afraid to try bright, bold, fun colors.
2. Accessories are your friend! Chunky necklaces, colored or textured scarves, cute hats and fun shoes (or no shoes at all!) all are fab-u!
3. Layers look amazing in photographs, as do different textures.
4. Coordinate a family, don’t match. The outfits below are perfect examples.
5. Little girls love tutus and pettiskirts, and they look great paired with a fun pair of leggings, a simple tank with a jean jacket and a fun beanie or bow. You will forever remember how much fun your little sweetie had dancing around in her sweet, frilly outfit.
6. It is always fun to dress boys in a button down shirt with a fun tee over it. Boys also look so adorable in beanies or newsboy hats.
7. Try to stay away from black and red. Try brightness and color!
There are sooooo many more suggestions that I have–be on the lookout for more “What to Wear Wednesdays!”.
Meanwhile, check out some of my favorite places for inspiration:
- The Children’s Place, Gap, Old Navy, Target
- Finley and Oliver Fun and modern clothing for babies and toddlers
- Dolce Vita Mia Adorable headbands, hats and onesie sets
- UnRavelMe Designs Cute beanies for boys and girls and cute hats for newborns
- Sweet Plume adorable outfits and absolutely elegant, one of a kind dresses–you have to check out the Plume Collection. So unique!
- Forever 21 So many cute jewelry options!